Monday, September 28, 2009

A Nasty Rainy Day Was Perfect For A Personal Best


Even a bad day can be good. When the rain came in Saturday morning (Sept 26, 2009) Eddie and I, along with nine other boats took refuge in a vacant dock in Mint Creek. Once the lightning was out of the way we got out in the wet stuff. We were trying different things and locations and learned a bit more about the G. The rain was coming down when the largemouth took the Ribbit frog at the end of along cast in the rain. We were on the main river fishing the grass fringes. I just saw the black back roll on the bait and I set the hook and it was on. We had no scales but it was over 6 and not 7. Up o that moment my PB was 5 lb. 14 oz. from Lay Lake. The camera was fogged over so Eddie took this with my phone.

No comments: